"From the beginning of his education, the child should experience the joy of discovery." ~ Alfred North Whitehead
Green Roots Play Equipment is British Columbia's choice for outdoor musical instruments.
Let Green Roots Play Equipment bring music into your schools, playgrounds, community gardens, backyards, city centers, hospitals, museums, and outdoor music parks.
Ease of play and the interactive nature of Green Roots instruments are at the heart of their versatility. Musical knowledge or skill isn’t necessary in order to create beautiful sounds; the instruments are orchestrated to be forever pleasing to the ear; for both the players and those listening nearby.
Designed with acoustic precision and perfect tone by a Grammy Award winning musician, our instruments are built to maintain pure and soothing tones through years of rigorous play and exposure to the elements of nature.
View the Musical Instruments Online Catalogue and select your instruments now.
Planning your Music Park
Planning your music park is an important job with lots of information to consider as you go. We've created this checklist to help get you thinking about your project and are available to answer any questions you might have along the way!
- Form a Committee. There are a lot of tasks associated with music park planning. Committee members can help with organization, fundraising, researching and recommending playground equipment, park design, early child development and education, ground maintenance, general construction and public relations.
- Define the objectives of the music park. For some groups like schools and daycares, you will already know who will be using the music park. For other groups it is important to know who the users will be? What are the age ranges of the users and do they require specific instruments to support mobility issues or other physical abilities?
- Set a budget. Have you received a quote for your music park? Does this include site preparation, installation, surfacing? Does your group already have access to the required funds? If not, we recommend you set budget and determine how you will raise the funds. Green Roots Play Equipment can also help with financing.
- Establish a timeframe. Are the project timelines negotiable or do you have a set schedule?
Musical Instruments with Age and Development Appropriate Designs
Music Therapy works as a creative, flexible and sometimes spontaneous means of utilizing the appeal of music to help people of all ages and abilities. Music Therapy can positively affect children and adults alike. Through the medium of music many essential enabling and life skills can be learned.
We offer a wide range of age and development appropriate musical park equipment suitable for all age groups:
- Infants: 6 weeks - 11 months
- Pre Toddler: 12 - 23 months
- Toddler: 2 - 3 years
- Preschool: 3 - 5 years
- Elementary: 5 - 12 years
- Youth - Adult: 12+
We recognize that sometimes funding can be a major obstacle to making your music park, playground, daycare play or skatepark a reality. Financing your playground equipment is now fast, easy and affordable. Contact us to discuss options relating to your next playground project and also check out our fundraising ideas to help get you started.